WHAT ARE SIGNS YOU NEED AN EYE EXAM?
Dr. Jim Martin 08/12/2015
Signs You May Need An Eye Exam
There are many signals that can tell you that your eyes are not functioning as they should. If you have any of these signs, consider making an appointment with your local eye care specialist.
- You are seeing spots, floaters, or flashes of light.
- Your eyes are constantly dry, itchy or red.
- You’ve been diagnosed with diabetes or another condition that could affect your eyesight.
- You have a family member that has been diagnosed with glaucoma.
- You have never had an eye exam and you get headaches or eye strain a lot.
- Your night vision is weak and it is starting to affect your night driving.
- You get a lot of headaches, eye strain or your vision becomes blurry after staring at computer screens for extended periods of time.
- Your occupation is demanding on your eyes for example you spend all day in front of a computer.
- You often get dizzy.
- You notice that you have to hold things closer or further away to be able to see them properly.
- You have noticed a change in your vision, this may be after a significant event, or it may just be a gradual change.
- You notice that your eyes are sensitive to light.
- You have an eye infection or you feel like your eye has been scratched.
- You have noticed you are squinting a lot more than usual.
- Your family has a history of macular degeneration.
It is important that you make an appointment with your doctor if you have any of these signs or events take place in your life. If you already wear glasses or contacts, it is important to have an appointment every 12 months or more often if you have a health condition that may affect your eyesight.
If you would like to know more about vision checkups or you are wondering if you should make an appointment for yourself or your child, contact the team at Broome Optical in Amarillo today. Our team of eye care specialists can help you work out an eye appointment schedule that fits your individual needs.